Young Directors (JAIGOPP)
The mission of the Young Directors of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations (IGOPP) is to educate, prepare, and involve the Quebec business community by organizing interesting events and by spreading information through social media with the ultimate goal of sensitizing young professionals to the great challenges in governance facing public and private organizations.
OUR DIRECTOR OF TOMORROW PROGRAM
The program offered by the Young Directors of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations (IGOPP) consists of a series of conferences developed to offer young professionals, whether they are current or aspiring directors, an opportunity to develop and deepen their knowledge of good governance, to exchange with other passionate individuals, and to prepare for a role as a director.
Key benefits of the program include:
- Improving knowledge about good governance: Opportunity to exchange on a variety of stimulating topics with well-known experts and experienced directors of public and private companies, as well as non-profit organizations;
- Networking with other passionate professionals: The Executive Committee of the IGOPP Young Directors selects around 35 individuals from diverse backgrounds who have distinguished themselves by their professional, academic and social accomplishments;
- Preparing for a role as a director: Members benefit from effective tools and good governance practices promoted by the IGOPP.
The program includes the following activities:
- Opening Cocktail
Each fall, the IGOPP Young Directors organize a major event to launch the season, which is open to the public. This event is an excellent way to meet young professionals interested in governance.
- The Program’s Conferences
During our conferences, a number of relevant and stimulating subjects are discussed and moderated by our speakers and experts in good governance coming from the public and private sectors.
- Simulation: from theory to practice
Once the theoretical foundations of good governance have been discussed and illustrated by the practical experiences of our speakers, the IGOPP Young Directors organize the simulation of a board meeting during which practical case studies are explored and resolved.
- Closing cocktail and diploma ceremony
This event marks the end of the program and brings together the current class of participants, the Executive committee of the IGOPP Young Directors and the officers of the IGOPP.
Apply for JAIGOPP’s program for the class of 2022
To see this year’s program (all events are in french), please click here. If you want to submit your application for the group of 2022, please click here and the application process will end on Sunday, December the 5th, at midnight.
If you are not available for 2022, you can express also express your interest for 2023 and join our mailing list to find out about next year’s events by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSURE EVENT FOR THE 2022 SEASON OF JAIGOPP
The closure event for the 2022 season of the JAIGOPP will be held on June 2nd 2022 at the Club St-James. The event will tackle subjects such as organizational culture from the standpoint of board of directors. **The event will be in french**
To buy tickets and learn more, please click here.
The Executive Committee of the Young Directors of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations is comprised of a group of young professionals distinguished by their leadership, community involvement, and professional as well as academic accomplishments.
- Naomie Bourduas-Mailhot, Espace CDPQ
- Sarah Chahine, Lightspeed HQ
- Gabriel Desrosiers, Institut sur la gouvernance (IGOPP)
- Diane Dusabimana, National Bank
- Joe Haddad, SOLUTION BI Canada
- Karan Moorjani, KPMG
- François Lavigne-Massicotte, Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF)
- Kevin Mejo, JAMP Pharma
- Himmet Sigit, SIGIT & Associés
- Martin Thiboutot, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg
- Pascal Turcotte, Privabanque, Gestion Privée de Patrimoine – CIBC
Email us to be added to our mailing list and receive updates about our public events and call for applications: email@example.com.
Requests for information and registration
Young Directors | firstname.lastname@example.org