The mission of the Young Directors of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations (IGOPP) is to educate, prepare, and involve the Quebec business community by organizing interesting events and by spreading information through social media with the ultimate goal of sensitizing young professionals to the great challenges in governance facing public and private organizations.
OUR DIRECTOR OF TOMORROW PROGRAM
The program offered by the Young Directors of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations (IGOPP) consists of a series of conferences developed to offer young professionals, whether they are current or aspiring directors, an opportunity to develop and deepen their knowledge of good governance, to exchange with other passionate individuals, and to prepare for a role as a director.
Key benefits of the program include:
- Improving knowledge about good governance: Opportunity to exchange on a variety of stimulating topics with well-known experts and experienced directors of public and private companies, as well as non-profit organizations;
- Networking with other passionate professionals: The Executive Committee of the IGPPO Young Directors selects around 35 individuals from diverse backgrounds who have distinguished themselves by their professional, academic and social accomplishments;
- Preparing for a role as a director: Members benefit from effective tools and good governance practices promoted by the IGPPO.
The program includes the following activities:
- Opening Cocktail
Each fall, the IGPPO Young Directors organize a major event to launch the season, which is open to the public. This event is an excellent way to meet young professionals interested in governance.
- The Program’s Conferences
During our conferences, a number of relevant and stimulating subjects are discussed and moderated by our speakers and experts in good governance coming from the public and private sectors.
- Simulation: from theory to practice
Once the theoretical foundations of good governance have been discussed and illustrated by the practical experiences of our speakers, the IGPPO Young Directors organize the simulation of a board meeting during which practical case studies are explored and resolved.
- Closing cocktail and diploma ceremony
This event marks the end of the program and brings together the current class of participants, the Executive committee of the IGPPO Young Directors and the officers of the IGPPO.
To see the current Incubator program, please click here. Please note that applications for the 2016-2017 year are now closed; however, you can join our mailing list to find out about next year’s events by emailing email@example.com
The Executive Committee of the Young Directors of the Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations is comprised of a group of young professionals distinguished by their leadership, community involvement, and professional as well as academic accomplishments.
- Geneviève St-Cyr Larkin, McCarthy Tétrault
- Jean-Sébastien Côté, Morneau Shepell
- Majida Lamnini, Institut sur la gouvernance (IGOPP)
- Constance Leith, Fiera Capital
- David Goldbaum, Bombardier
- Emilie Mercier, CIUSSS de l’Est-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- Jessica Major, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg
- Zadig Papazian, Institut sur la gouvernance (IGOPP)
- Lady Africa Sheppard, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada
- Maxim Thibault-Soulières, Stingray Digital Group
- Emil Vanjaka, Fasken Martineau
Email us to be added to our mailing list and receive updates about our public events and call for Incubator applications: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In partnership with
Requests for information and registration
Young Directors | email@example.com